Monday, August 30, 2010

Little Man

The birth of my new son was similar to the birth of Gracie - and yet altogether different. When Kelly's pain medication failed to kick in it was one of the most heart wrenching experiences that I've ever been a part of. It's not so much the fact that she was going through the trials of giving birth, I can deal with that, but it was more about the look in her eyes and how helpless I felt knowing that there was nothing I could do to help ease her pain - even if just a little.

After the entire birthing experience I'll never look at Kelly the same. It's amazing how she performed, and the respect and admiration I have for her is different than any I'd had up to this point. I'm luck to have such a strong woman in my life, and her softness isn't lost in all of that strength. I'm thankful for the beautiful little man that I get to destroy - uh, I mean, teach - for the rest of my days.

I hope they're numerous...

No comments:

Post a Comment